Lead Electronics Engineer
Permanent – Hertfordshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally market leading, multi-national group who are a world leader in air defence solutions across the Air, Land and Sea platforms. With the continued goal of providing the most technologically advanced defence products, for both current and future needs and the companies increasing workload, they are looking for a Hardware Technical Lead to join their team.
Working in a challenging but incredible rewarding position that requires a diverse skillset, this is a great opportunity for individual growth. Assuming the technical lead role, you will be responsible for the design, development, proving and delivery of the Electronic sub-system elements for a wide portfolio of products.
* Management of the overall cost, schedule, quality & performance of the electronic elements of the sub-systems, including electronic design, development and proving tasks
* Development of electronic technical solutions in liaison with other skill domains (e.g.Software, Mechanical Engineering etc
* Collaborating with the Equipment Requirements Authority during the early stages of the product design lifecycle, contributing to the evolution of technical and environmental requirements
* Ensure robust electronics design, using common development techniques such as DFMEA.
* Co-ordination of resources to deliver all tasks associated with the delivery of electronic equipment
* Responsibility for managing all proving activities to ensure compliance against requirements
* Co-ordination of, and support to, technical problem solving and analysis
* Providing the necessary support to ensure electronic equipment production is achievable at quality, rate and cost.
* Management of physical interfaces with suppliers and sub-contractors in order to integrate third party supplied equipment / hardware, where necessary.
* Participation in project and design reviews.
* Responsible for a Budget / Work Package of up to £500k
* Potential for technical responsibility of a team of up to 5 people
* Ideally degree qualified with significant post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery; preferably in defence or related industry.
* The capability to lead significant Electronic design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
* A willing and helpful attitude, demonstrating a calm and professional manner, with the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
* Relevant 3D Electronic CAD/CAE experience
Key Words: Electronic ; Electronics; Hardware; FPGA; ASIC; Analogue; Analog; PCB; Embedded; Circuit; Schematic; PSU; Power; Digital; Altium; Eagle; Proteus; KiCad; Cadence; OrCAD; PCB; DesignSpark; Protel; Cadstar; ARM; PIC; STM32; Microcontroller; Microprocessor
Commutable from: Hertfordshire; Stevenage; Hitchin; Letchworth Garden City; Welwyn Garden City; Hertford; Hatfield; Luton; Bishop’s Stortford; Thundridge; Hemel Hempstead; St Albans
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.