Stream Resourcing are currently working with a leading Aerospace company that deliver industry-leading commercial aircraft, helicopters, military transports, satellites and launch vehicles, as well as providing data services, navigation, secure communications, urban mobility and other solutions for customers on a global scale. A vacancy has arisen for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join at the Portsmouth site, the role will have a mixture of site and remote working, at business needs. This is an initial 6 month contract, the work has been deemed inside of IR35. The rate to the umbrella company is £33.90/hr, the PAYE rate is £25.62/hr.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer acts as the main technical manufacturing interface into a Product Line/Integrated Project Team. They must ensure the alignment of the design of all make items with the manufacturing capability of the business to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements and co-ordinate any developments where necessary.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
* No less than 3 years’ experience of Engineering within the space, aerospace or military electronics engineering sector.
* Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
* Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
* Due to the nature of the work, you must be SC cleared / clearable to apply. This role is to start on BPSS clearance *
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.