Are you looking for your next software challenge? I am seeking a Lead Software Engineer to develop, maintain, and support the control system architecture and supporting software used by vessels, functioning as the technical authority for all software and control system changes. If this sounds like you, READ ON…
* Function as the technical authority for software and control systems for all nominated vehicles.
* Produce (and contribute to the production of) work breakdown structures, including understanding time and resource estimates, for software and control systems activities.
* Mentoring other members of the team, providing on the job training and knowledge transfer.
* Work to software development and integration processes and highlight opportunities for improvements.
* Software development in a Linux and/or Windows based environment using C, C++, Qt framework, Python or other appropriate languages and frameworks.
* Contribute to developing software interfaces and protocol libraries to integrate various hardware components.
* Software development for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) using CoDeSys for hardware interfacing and control.
* Production of design, test, handover, integration, and other technical documentation to agreed specifications.
* Participate in vessel integration activities, including factor, harbour, and sea acceptance trials.
* Work with customers, sales, system engineering and other appropriate areas to assist in defining and breaking down of detailed requirements.
* Provide estimates for resources and timescales to develop software.
* £50,000 – £65,000 per annum DOE
* Hybrid or Remote (must have flexibility to go to site when required. Initial period is site based)
* Portchester (Fareham)
* Progression opportunities
* Company Pension (Up to 7%)
* 25 days holiday (Ability to buy more or sell back holiday)
They are redefining the way the world works at sea with industry leading autonomous boat technology. They specialise in the design, manufacturing and operation of autonomous boats and control systems. As the maritime industry’s autonomy partner of choice, they are powering the Royal Navy’s adoption of autonomous surface vehicle (ASV) technology as well as delivering autonomous capability to UK ports and harbours and offshore energy service providers
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong C++
* A sound software development background
* Ability to deal with customers and stakeholders
* Testing & evaluating data structures, algorithms, and common software architecture
* Integrating software & hardware systems together with associated diagnosis and trouble shooting
** Due to the nature of the role candidates should hold, or be eligible for, UK Security Clearance **
For more information and a confidential chat about the role, APPLY NOW!
If you have not heard back within five working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.