Linux Engineer / Linux Application Developer – C/C++ and Python
Circa: £35,000 – £50,000/yr
My client is looking for a Linux Engineer to join its market-leading design team at its Lisburn office. The successful applicant can expect to join a dynamic development team. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team creating software for embedded devices or server applications. She/he will write software running under the Linux operating system. Candidates will use mainly C or C++ and occasionally they will have the opportunity to use various scripting languages such as bash or python.
* A degree – Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
* At least 3 years experience in designing Linux-based systems
* Experience in development of Linux services/daemons
* Knowledge of D-Bus and other IPC systems
* Experience in embedded systems development
* Advanced knowledge of C++ including C++11, and Object Oriented Design
* Practical knowledge of commonly used design patterns and libraries such as STL or Boost
* Knowledge of SVN/Git
* Knowledge of Qt and glib and other commonly used Linux libraries
* Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
* Knowledge of Modbus/CAN/HDLC protocol(s)
* Experience with Open Embedded
* Experience in Agile methodology
If this sound like a role you might be interested in, please apply for further details
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.