Tooling Development Engineer
To any Tooling Engineers out there, I am eager to hear from you!
I am currently supporting a high tier manufacturing company with a large manufacturing facility in Kent, and they are currently in need of Tooling Development Engineers to join it’s team.
A crucial role to the business, the Tooling Development Engineer is responsible for the creation of tooling for the production line.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Fault diagnosis on machine tools and assembly and test machines.
* Development and set up of manufacturing & assembly machine tools including:-
* Machine referencing and setting datums
* Manual clocking of axes and fixture set up
* Creation / editing of CNC programmes
* Offsetting, grid shifts and back lash compensation
* Liaise with internal and external suppliers to source service engineers, spares etc.
* Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
* Ensuring processes are set according to quality standards
* Installation & commissioning of newly purchased machines
* Continuous improvement of existing processes
* Commissioning of new equipment ( including commissioning at supplier’s facility)
* Use of CMMS for handovers and asset traceability.
* An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes
* CNC Appreciation
* Workshop skills (Turning, Milling, Grinding and bench fitting)
* Understanding Engineering drawings and Geometric tolerancing
* Use of basic measurement equipment – caliper, micrometer,DTI etc
* Structured approach to problem solving
* Good understanding of cutting tools, abrasives
* Knowledge of jig and fixture making
* Welding Mig, Tig and Arc
* CNC programming in fanuc / siemens systems
* Appreciation of Machine parameter setting
* Understanding of in process gauging systems including spindle probes
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.