Our leading defence client is searching for their next Manufacturing Controller to join their goods in/stores department.
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6-months
Rates: £13.50 – £14.50 PAYE
Clearance: BPSS until SC clearance acquired
* Stock control / storekeeping including shelf-life control.
* Load the manufacturing cells with the requisite jobs in accordance with planned lead and cycle times, in order to comply with manufacturing programmes and delivery schedules.
* Packing, including the use of hand tools. Receiving and issuing of tooling.
* Updating computer records.
* Kitting activities
* Loading and unloading of Lorries.
* Experience in a stores environment or manufacturing control.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work adaptively with minimal supervision
* Use own initiative.
* Manual handling training.
* Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes).
* ESD training
* PC skills, including EXCEL.
* Forklift truck licence.
* Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
* Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP.
Key words: manufacturing, controller, goods in, stores, forklift truck, EDS, Manual Handling
Commutable from: Stevenage, Luton, Hitchin, Hatfield, Hertford, St.Albans, Hemmel Hempstead, Harlow, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Bishops Stortford, Braintree
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.