Manufacturing Engineer – Portsmouth – Up to £28,000
My client, an established Electronics OEM in the Portsmouth area is looking for a Manufacturing & Production Engineer to join their experienced team. The successful candidate will be a proactive individual who will be able to get stuck in with the engineering side of the role as much as they will process improvements.
The successful Manufacturing engineer will be responsible for the implementation of productivity improvements, waste reduction, and reduction in operating costs.
Other responsibilities for the position will include:
* Overseeing installation and maintenance of new and existing equipment.
* Assist with production floor layout and cell designs.
* Generate production documentation such as assembly instructions.
* Support the tender process for equipment to ensure best quality for the best price.
* Factory maintenance including changing light bulbs, ceiling tiles.
* Support production with running and maintaining of existing and new equipment.
* Liaise and communicate with other departments, suppliers and management.
The suitable candidate will come from a position in which they have exposure to manufacturing process improvements, machine maintenance and design aspects. This role really does lend itself to an all-round engineer.
Other Necessary Qualifications and Experience Include:
* Experience with CAD Packages
* Ability to perform basic factory maintenance and correct tool usage.
* Experience with various assembly processes.
* Ability to design fixtures and tooling for tasks
* Ability to respond quickly to any breakdowns
* Lean manufacturing understanding
The following would be a bonus:
* Experience with wire bonding and/or thick film screen printing processes
* PCB Design/Layout Experience
* Electrical Safety Knowledge
This position is commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Chichester, Havant and other areas within Hampshire.
For more information or to apply for the role of Process Engineer please contact Alex Mullan on 02392 322327 or email on email@example.com
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.