A leading aerospace and defence client now seek a Manufacturing Engineer to support the Integrated Product Teams/Operations to ensure Lean Manufacturing principals are followed, best practice applied and/or risks identified and captured with associated mitigation plans defined.
Employment Type: Contract (Inside IR35)
Length of Contract: 12 months
Rates: c£26-£29.75 per hour
Working Hours: (8am-4pm) Monday – Friday
Security Clearance NOT required for this role
What we are looking for
* Proven relevant technical proficiency, through either qualification (HND/Degree), or equivalent experience and knowledge.
* A sound knowledge base within a relevant Engineering/Machining work environment & Strong background in Lean Manufacturing
* The ability to apply Lean Manufacturing techniques effectively, including Pull Systems, Kanban design, Value Stream Mapping, Production Flow Analysis and 5S.
* Understand the definition of Manufacturing Processes / Control Plans to minimise variation and maximise repeatability.
* Experience in capacity modelling and predictions is essential.
* Conduct Work Measurement/Method Studies against new and existing tasks to establish time estimates, measure operator performance and ensure that the most effective Manufacturing and Assembly techniques are adopted.
* Be able to support continuous improvement, challenging current Manufacturing System performance to identify opportunities to improve manufacturability and reduce cost.
* In coordination with quality and engineering team, lead PFMEA and the implementation of Poka Yoke and Jidoka.
* The ability to communicate and influence across relevant levels of the company. Interact effectively with internal customers and suppliers through the consolidation and preparation of material covering the analysis and the assessment of work completed.
* Project manages significant cost reduction / process improvement projects leading a cross functional team against the business objectives.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
* Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
* Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Excel and ERP systems (SAP, MS Project desirable)
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.