Manufacturing Process Engineer – Initial 6 Month Contract – South East London
Our market leading Telecommunications company who design and manufacture subsea optical network cables, are currently seeing an Industrial Process Engineer to join their expanding team.
* Ensuring industrialization and introduction of new high reliability submerge products into production.
* Providing specification and tooling to ensure products can be reliably and consistently assembled and tested.
* Support to Production to resolve process/assembly problems for new and existing products, to maintain production builds.
* Reviews and validates contract documentation (Drawings, Bill of Materials) prior to release.
* Attends products New Process Introduction (NPI) meetings (when necessary) and provide inputs into the minutes.
* Leads/ participates in variety of Kaizen projects to reduce waste, improve standard build times and reduce production cost.
* Instructs and advises operators in the assemble of the development and production unites.
* Understand and comply with the clean area environmental rules. Adhere to mandatory Quality and Safety procedures, including build documentation, ESD, Risk assessments, COSHH and Manual Handling regulations.
* Ability to make reliability engineering judgements under pressure
* Experience in a technical and/or manufacturing environment
* Organised, disciplined & methodical approach to problem solving
* Motivated with strong interpersonal & team skills
* Sound practical experience with Excel and Word
* Use of Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
* Quality: ISO9001/TL9000, Lean, Six Sigma
In order to be considered for this role you will have a Mechanical/Industrial/Production/Engineering Degree or equivalent.
If this role is of interest please call Gemma on 02392 314690 or drop an email to email@example.com
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.