I am currently supporting one of our biggest clients with multiple business critical positions. We are looking to speak with Manufacturing Engineers to work in Leicester on a permanent basis. We have multiple positions available within dedicated closely knit teams. My client also has state of the art manufacturing facilities on site, so you would be working on some very interesting projects.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting key NPI projects, generating effective engineering solutions to daily production issues and also help identify and implement process improvements to improve productivity in the assembly workshop.
* Designing assembly and test tooling/fixtures, procurement coordination and validation of designs.
* Developing assembly processes and procedures.
* Providing electro-mechanical support to the production floor.
* Preparing and releasing work instructions detailing critical assembly operations.
* Creating product routings.
* Supporting all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project close out.
* Influencing design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance, yield and cost.
* Contributing to process mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimize build/test processes.
What you will need
* Have a HNC / HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
* Have sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design.
* Have an understanding of Electromechanical Assembly/Sub Assembly in a technical production environment.
* Have knowledge of design for manufacturability, lean manufacturing techniques, quality system and SPC tools.
* Have hands on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
* Be able to interpret engineering drawings/specs and manufacturing processes/evaluation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.