Permanent – London
I am currently working with a market leading company that are actively seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join their team. This is the opportunity to work within a high value, high precision environment with an organisation that is currently going through a sustained period of organic growth.
As a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring that production output is achieved, whilst deploying the appropriate facilities and staff efficiently, safely and to the required standard.
* Staff Supervision
* Manage the training and development of all staff
* Manage staffing shifts, including holidays, absences and overtime
* Ensure that all team members are qualified to perform tasks they are doing
* Ensure department compliance with the clean area environmental rules, adhering to mandatory Quality and Safety procedures, including build documentation, ESD, Risk assessments, COSHH and Manual Handling regulations
* Inter-departmental liaison
* Liaise with Material control department, to ensure that shortages and material quality issues are promptly identified, and that the team have the materials they require
* Attend daily manufacturing meeting, highlighting issues effecting the department and contributing to developing solutions
* Ensure all non-conforming products are controlled and investigated by manufacturing support team
* Liaise with training school for the recruitment and training of new staff when required
* Output, Materials and KPI’s
* Responsible for output and quality of department
* Responsible for managing all materials in the department
* Ensure that the department works in an efficient manner, with no unexplained, unacceptable, labour variances
* Collect and display Quality data on KPI boards
* Scrap (Ensure scrap notes are declared to Material control dept in a timely manner & minimise scrap)
* Declare kit requirements to Material controller, 1 week in advance of requirement
* Ensure all mechanical and test equipment is made available for maintenance as required and is kept within calibration, minimising impact on production.
* Continuous Improvement
* Work with colleagues and supervision to improve quality where possible.
* Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing
The successful candidate will be expected to possess the following skills/experience:
* Previous experience working in a supervisory role
* Experience of working within a high value, high reliability manufacturing environment
* Good hand-eye coordination, dexterity, mental agility, and ability to learn
* Experience of product mechanical assembly and operator training is essential
* Experience of Fibre Optic Splicing, Hand soldering and product test is preferred, but not essential