To be the primary contact for the Suppliers based in UK/Europe/Asia. Ensure good communication between the Supplier and manufacturing/Customer Co-ordinators to ensure goods are received on time for the production lines.
Perform the MPS/MRP schedules for Manufacturing and Suppliers.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Material Controller Duties.
* Management of several External Supplier accounts.
* Reviewing and sending AS400 Purchase schedules to the supplier.
* Reviewing and Sending “Level Loaded” schedules to the supplier using Excel Spreadsheets.
* Arranging transport for goods that are ready to be collected.
* Review shipments from the supplier, some by Air some by Sea. Keeping track of shipments.
* Prioritise incoming shipments, Sea/Air/Road/Other.
* Chasing suppliers to reduce Arrears/Backorders.
* Deal with any customs documents or issues that are required for import od goods to the UK.
Planning Analyst Duties.
* Perform the MPS (Master Production Schedule) for the site.
* Ensure the plan is levelled as per the capacity with Manufacturing/Supplier. Liaise with the PC&L team if not and produce recovery plans.
* Perform the MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) run to produce the Manufacturing and Supplier Schedules.
* Review customer variations and assess inventory levels and build plans. Maintain MRP parameters for manufactured parts and FG.
* Ensure Production is scheduled correctly to achieve on time shipments (right time, right part, right quantity), optimise FG Inventory & Manufacturing Cost.
* Conduct production planning and Scheduling activity and ensure efficient planning and optimised resource utilisation (equipment, resources, etc.).
* Support & Coordinate S&OP file updates for all required cross functional inputs.
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Able to Build Relationships with Suppliers & Production Team
* Good Organisational Skills
* Good IT literacy
* Ability to chase Suppliers
* Advanced Excel skills
* Good proficiency of AS400 and/or SAP and/or Business Objects.
* Knowledge of AS400 File Transfers
* Ability to Communicate via Reports, Emails, Presentations
* Lean Manufacturing/ Material Movement
* Production Control Experience
* 3x GCSE’s Grade 9-4 or A*-C (or 3x “O” Level at C grade or above).
* A Levels
* Team player
* Flexible and adaptable approach
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Good organisational skills, including attention to detail
* Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
* The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.