Materials Coordinator – 6 Month Contract – South East London – Rate to be discussed
Stream Resourcing are working with an industry leading telecommunications company who offer turnkey global transmission systems, tailored to each individual customer’s needs. This is a well-established organisation who are flourishing in a prolonged period of sustained, organic growth and as a result, they are seeking a Materials Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
* Ensure delivery of material in line with manufacturing plans.
* Check SAP system on a weekly basis to verify if they are discrepancies between demand loaded and ordering.
* Ensure supplier materials are in line with the requirement outputs every week to avoid at all cost manufacturing delays and line stoppages.
* After reviewing the of materials requirements, approve Purchase orders to ensure optimum procurement.
* Increase the Stock Turnover while reducing the Inventory holdings.
* Manage and monitor inventory levels in line with set targets for the year. When inventory exceed threshold, negotiate with suppliers to postpone to the year after.
* Minimize Scrap due to scheduling including but not limited to Shelf Life Items.
* Manage supplier relationship, communicate with them weekly to identify potential supply bottle necks.
Ideally you will have an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and have experience working within a manufacturing environment. This role is on an initial 6 month contract with the strong potential to be extended.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.