Materials Laboratory Technician – Portsmouth – 12 Month Contract
My client, a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, produces and delivers innovative solutions. Their products and services vary from commercial aircrafts, helicopters, defence, security, and space segments.
The successful candidate will be working remotely for now (TBD from June), on a 6-month contract.
Important Information: Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to be able to gain a minimum SC level security clearance.
Skills and experience:
* A good level of experience in preparation techniques for EEE components / PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) and micro-sectioning experience – multilayer PCBs /EEE components & micro-section report writing.
* Knowledge of mechanical testing / thermal cycling / material graphic inspection techniques/ DPA (Destructive Physical Analysis).
* Must have good knowledge of ECSS specifications for component solder mounting qualification and PCB analysis. ECSS qualified inspector certification, whilst not essential, would be a distinct advantage.
* Demonstrable team working skills, communication, and presentation capability.
* Flexible and proactive approach to work and prepared to work shift patterns if needed.
The successful candidate will provide support to in-process testing and batch acceptance testing of procured materials, and provide materials and laboratory support to projects, particularly in micro-sectioning. The candidate will also be responsible for support development and qualification programmes.
Cosham, Havant, Southampton, Winchester, Waterlooville, Fareham, Chichester, Salisbury, Aldershot, Guildford, Eastleigh, Worthing, Petersfield, Farnborough, Farnham, Basingstoke, Woking, Liphook, Ringwood.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.