Mechanical Design Engineer- Stevenage-6-month Contract (Inside IR35-£32.00 LTD/£36.16 Umbrella/£27.33 PAYE
Our defence and space client are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team based in Stevenage on an initial 6-month basis.
Day to day activities include the production of conceptual and detailed mechanical designs for electrical equipment, liaising with manufacturing engineers to implements design for manufacture, produce manufacturing data and documentation (including procurement drawings, assembly drawings and BOMs), approval and release designs within Windchill and ability to effectively communicate design solutions ad knowledge to peers and managers.
* Extensive in the use of CAD tools for Mechanical and PCB Design.
* A further education qualification in mechanical engineering or a related discipline. Alternatively, demonstrable experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
* A strong desire to work in electronics packaging for mission critical applications.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Experience of Catia V5 and V6/3DX VPM mechanical design tool.
* Experience of Mentor Graphics Expedition PCB layout including DxDesigner and CES.
* Experience of Windchill or Teamcentre Product data Management tool
* Knowledge of high-speed digital and mixed signal physical design.
Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to already hold a transferable SC level security clearance.
Key words: design engineer, CAD Design, mechanical engineer, mechanical design engineer, PCB, Catia. Winchill, Teamcentre
Commutable from: Stevenage, Luton, Hitchin, Hatfield, Hertford, St. Albans, Hemmel Hempstead, Harlow, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Bishops Stortford, Braintree
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.