Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
Inside IR35 – c£25p/hr PAYE
Hertfordshire – 6-Months
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally market leading, multi-national group who are a world leader in air defence solutions across the Air, Land and Sea platforms. With the continued goal of providing the most technologically advanced defence products, for both current and future needs, they are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a 6-month contract basis.
* Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for manufacturing assembly tooling and fixtures to develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
* Support to functional & environmental trials.
* Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
* Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
* Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
* Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity
* Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
* Knowledge of several of the following:
* Manufacturing processes
* Tolerance studies
* Environmental test
* Mass property calculations
* Material selection
* Design for Manufacture/Assembly
* Environmental Gasket Sealing
* Tooling/fixtures design
* Structural design
* Defence Standards
* Review processes
* Product Lifecycles
* Industrial validation
* Design of PCB enclosures
* An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
* An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
* Current holder or the ability to obtain full SC clearance
Commutable from: Hertfordshire; Stevenage; Hitchin; Letchworth Garden City; Welwyn Garden City; Hertford; Hatfield; Luton; Bishop’s Stortford; Thundridge; Hemel Hempstead; St Albans
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.