Mechanical Design Engineer – Perm – Portsmouth
A well-established OEM in the Marine industry based in the Portsmouth area are looking to take on a driven Mechanical Design Engineer to work amongst their talented design team.
The successful candidate will be working within a high technology environment and will design the client’s bespoke product range of marine components from initial concept to completion covering the full product life cycle using Creo (Pro Engineer) & AutoCAD.
* Advanced 3D modelling of parts and assemblies using Creo (Pro Engineer) and AutoCAD.
* Designing Hydraulic systems and updating the catalogue of products on the PDM
* Design modifications on a wide range of mechanical products
* Design for Manufacture with an element of hands-on prototyping to ensure product is suitable.
* Supporting the development of the production assembly department through the generation of technical build manuals for the finished product.
* Support production team in the manufacturing and production of components.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering capacity and will be fully proficient with creating original engineering drawings from scratch utilising 3D CAD software’s including AutoCAD & Creo.
They will also have:
* Strong Mechanical or related Engineering degree
* Experience in mechanical design of bespoke components and hydraulic systems
* Extensive experience utilising Creo (Pro Engineer) and/or AutoCAD
* Hands on experience in prototyping is highly advantageous.
* Knowledge of DFMA including principles such as materials, methods of manufacture, means of attachment etc.
The candidate will also be experienced in producing original component and assembly level design of customer orders to strict quality standards, and technical specification, using 3D CAD software.
Competitive Salary dependent upon experience
This position is commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Cosham, Havant, Emsworth, Chichester Etc
For more information or to apply for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer please contact Alex Mullan on 02392 322327 or email on email@example.com
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.