Mechanical Structural Design Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £38k+bonus+benefits
Clearance: All candidates must be able to obtain SC level clearance
An award-winning company specialising in defence solutions, our client is looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to their production team.
To establish and maintain production rates across the product range,, an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Production Design Support Engineer to join the team and support production activities while acting as an interface between the design teams across the UK.
* Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design and Development or Manufacturing Support.
* Experience in the mechanical design development ideally within the defence or aerospace industry.
* Experience in supporting manufacturing, resolving manufacturing issues, and supporting the transition of product into production.
* The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation, (including reports and investigation logs),
* Have good verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
* Be pro-active, motivated and tenacious in resolving issues and generating solutions to problems whilst under time pressure.
* Work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment, supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
Key words: mechanical design engineer, structural design, manufacturing design, production support
Commutable from: Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chester, Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Burnley
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.