Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
Inside IR35 – c£30-£34/hr PAYE
Fareham – 6-Months
Stream resourcing are currently working with a world leader in specialist electronics solutions. We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a 6-month (initially) contract basis. In this role you will be responsible for all of the mechanical data required for manufacture and to ensure that the designs are fit for purpose in accordance with quality requirements.
* Manage all mechanical aspects of development projects using both internal & 3rd party resources when required.
* Ensure the mechanical design will deliver the correct level of functionality & performance in a cost effective way
* Ensure product quality through supervision of the mechanical design activities
* Ensure that rigorous mechanical design verification process is used
* Ensure that the development follows suitable design procedures and ensure all necessary deliverables are in place to pass through the various control gates.
* Support the development as necessary
* Negotiate & obtain the support of other resources to assist as required.
* Participate in preparing the specifications relating to a given product
* Maintain strong departmental and inter-departmental communications and ensure that appropriate people are aware of the impact of mechanical design issues
* A good level of experience in use of SolidWorks
* Thermal / FE Analysis
* Experience of Injection Moulding
* Knowledge of Material properties
* Knowledge of Prototype Modelling Techniques
* Knowledge of DFMEA / DFM & Lean Manufacturing Techniques
* Good understanding of both stress and thermal calculations
* Experience of tooling & component cost estimation
* Experience of vendor / EMS discussions
* Experience of ECO & drawing control systems
* 6 Sigma Appreciation
* Prince 2 Project Management Appreciation
* Desirable experience: Aluminium Die Casting, Enclosures for harsh environmental conditions
* Full UK Car License
* Must be able to satisfy a BPSS level of security clearance
* 37.5 hours per week (potential up to 40 hours)
* Remote working until w/b 6th September, at which point will be onsite a minimum of 3-days per week. Will then move to being fully onsite when decided by the business
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.