Mechanical Fitter – 6 Month Contract (Could go to 12 months) – Days – Manchester
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the mechanical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
* Ensure manufacturing build times are met.
* Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Communicate best practice to other team members.
* The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus.
* They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
* Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21. Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
* Manual handling training.
* Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes).
* ESD training.
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client wants to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and encourage you to speak to them should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. They welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. They understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.