Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Permanent – Gillingham – up to £36,000
Due to continued growth this leading automotive manufacturing company based in Gillingham as seeking a proven Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the ever-growing team. This is a “hands on” position and requires strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
* Fault finding, rectification, modification and development of machinery as necessary.
* Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
* Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
* Identify and monitor trackside spares for your areas. Keep an up to date record of required parts
* Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
* Team player, the ability to work closely with other members of the maintenance team.
* Use of CMMS for maintenance handovers and asset traceability.
* An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes
* Experience in maintaining, repairing and developing machinery.
* Hydraulic and Pneumatic fault finding
* Structured approach to problem solving
* Capable of reading Engineering and schematic drawings
* Basic electrical skills (Motor disconnection/connection, contactors and sensor replacement)
* Welding Mig, Tig and Arc
* Workshop skills (Turning, Milling, Grinding and bench fitting)
* IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
* 25 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
* Subsidised staff restaurant
* Private Medical
* Discounts on Gym
* COVID compliant
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.