Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Full time – Permanent
Salary £32,000 – £36,000
Working within an established team, to provide reactive and preventative maintenance support through the manufacturing site.
* Fault finding, rectification, modification and development of machinery as necessary.
* Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
* Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
* Identify and monitor trackside spares for your areas. Keep an up to date record of required parts
* Understand and identify required spares.
* Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
* Team player, the ability to work closely with other members of the maintenance team.
* Use of shire system for maintenance handovers and asset traceability.
* Breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
What we’re looking for
* An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes
* Experience in maintaining, repairing and developing machinery.
* Hydraulic and Pneumatic fault finding
* Capable of reading Engineering and schematic drawings
· Basic electrical skills ( Motor disconnection/connection, Contactors and sensor replacement)
· Welding Mig, Tig and Arc
· Workshop skills (Turning, Milling, Grinding and bench fitting)
· Educated to HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Fork truck licence
· Apprentice served
· IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
Skills and attributes required
· Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
· Ability to stay calm in high stress situations
· Ability to communicate at all levels
· Innovative thinker and willing to learn
· Team oriented
· Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
· The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
· To comply with Health and Safety regulations, showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
What is in it for you
· 27 days holiday + bank holidays
· Long service holiday (if applicable)
· Working hours are 37 each week
· Dental plan
· Pension Scheme
· Onsite parking
· Staff discount with selected retails + wellbeing platforms
· Friendly working environment
If you are interested in this role then please apply as soon as possible with an up to date copy of your CV and one our team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.