A vacancy has arisen for a sub-contract RF – Microwave Equipment Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Portsmouth. The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of RF and Digital Equipment for use in telecommunication Satellites.
This RF Microwave Design Engineer role is focussed on the design and manufacture of RF equipment such as SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters and Frequency References and high speed digital interfacing for satellite payloads from UHF through to Ka band and higher. The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
* Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS.
* Perform development testing.
* Co-ordinate Microwave Design design activity, manage BoM and product documentation.
* Generate equipment analyses and present at internal and external Design reviews.
* Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level.
* Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
* Experience in high reliability RF-Microwave circuit design
* Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
* Have good analytical and technical problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
* Recent experience with RF CAD modelling tools such as Keysight ADS
* Experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to produce clear concise technical design documentation
Target Industries –
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.