Stream Resourcing are working closely with a world-leader in the Defence sector who are currently recruiting. A Motor Control Systems Engineer is required to join their Actuation Systems group, who specialise in the design and development of missile actuation systems, including:-
* Aerodynamic control surfaces
* Gimbal systems
* Reaction control systems e.g. Thrust Vector Control
* Deployment mechanisms
This role is to lead the design, development and validation of control systems across a range of actuator products.
Working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, you will own the design, development and proving of control algorithms, ensuring that Customer performance requirements are successfully met. Responsibilities may include:-
* Development of control algorithms.
* Generation of dynamic system models and conducting performance analyses.
* Specification of design proving plans and conducting proving activities.
* Generation of sub-system and component requirements.
* Identification of suitable electromechanical components (particularly motors and sensors) working co-operatively with suppliers where needed.
What are we looking for?
* Experience in the design, verification and validation of control algorithms.
* Experience modelling electro-mechanical systems in MATLAB / Simulink environments.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across the business.
* Knowledge of position sensors, microprocessors and software development would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies.
What’s in it for you?
Being at the core of the design team you will have the opportunity to:-
* Experience across the full product lifecycle from concept development through to production and in service support.
* Opportunities to travel working within multi-national project design teams.
* Personal development with structured skills development and training in specific aspects of missile system design.
* Opportunities to lead research and development task packages.
Part time working will be considered for this role.
* You must be SC Cleared / Clearable to apply for this position *
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.