Our leading specialist defence client is searching for their next MRP Controller to join their manufacturing department.
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6-months
Rates: £15.50-£16.50p/h PAYE
* Ensure the timely and cost-effective provisioning of parts and internal services
* Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management
* Define and control detailed manufacturing plans, ensuring inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility
* Feedback on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques
* Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, to ensure material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels
* Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions
* Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, in relation to their effect on inventory and programme
* Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes
* Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment
* Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process
* A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team
* Knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels if necessary
* Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
* Knowledge of Kanban and 2-bin systems
* Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP
* Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage
* ESD training
* Understanding health surveillance requirements
* A successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and work accurately.
* Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role
* The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role
Key words: MRP Controller, Production Planner, Kanban, 2-bin systems, supply chain management,
Commutable from: Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chester, Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Burnley
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.