ALGORITHM DESIGN ENGINEER – BRISTOL
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a multi-national defence company, based in Bristol, who are actively seeking a Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer to join their team. The need for these positions has arisen as a result of an ever-growing workload, achieved by the companies aim to offer the best and most cost-efficient solutions and services, within the defence sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leading company that offers a comprehensive product range, incorporating today’s most advanced technologies.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of a number of complex guided weapon systems products navigation algorithms, across all stages of the lifecycle of the product.
The typical responsibilities of this position include:
* The development of specific algorithms or studies to support key programmes.
* Concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation.
* A point of contact for other project teams e.g., Simulation and Modelling, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
* Technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
* Engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the algorithms are fit for their intended use.
What we are looking for:
* Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB, a good Degree with a strong mathematical content would be desirable, along with previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification and navigation experience. Relevant experience with the state-of-the-arts navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
* Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g., Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
* Ideally will have knowledge and experience of some of the following:
* Inertial Navigation
* Aided Navigation techniques, for example but not limited to,
* Global Navigation Satellite Systems
* Terrain Referenced Navigation
* Image Based Navigation
* Radar and LADAR imaging
* Opportunistic Navigation / Signals of Opportunity
* Data fusion techniques
* Kalman filters
* Non-linear filtering
* The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
* Model Based Design
* Configuration management
* Requirement Management e.g., DOORS and Rhapsody
* C, FORTRAN and Ada
Important information: Due to the nature of this role, any offer made to a successful candidate would be subject to satisfying a full security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.