Test Equipment Network Engineer – initial 6-month contract with chance of extension – £35ph PAYE / £47.50ph UMB (in scope) – Bolton
Our client, a leader within the defence sector, is looking for a Network Engineer to join their team on an inital contract that has a chance of being extended further than the expected 6 months. The contract has been deemed in scope and will be a full time on site position, based in Bolton.
Important information: *You must be elible to obtain SC level Security Clearance to be considered for this role. It is preferable for the canidate to already hold clearance, but not essential*
Overview of department:
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering networked Test Equipment (TE). The successful candidates’ primary duties will include administration and maintenance of TE network, TE hardware, TE software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, security and identify faulty network components when necessary. They will also be working closely with key stakeholders to identify potential issues and plan for future enhancements and expansion.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network management and monitoring applications, and Operating Systems (WinXP through to Win10) administration. You will also need to be able to troubleshoot network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, etc. and associated transport and network infrastructure protocols. Exposure to virtualisation, DevOps and/or Factory of the Future would be a significant advantage.
* Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including operating systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
* Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
* Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
* Connecting Test Equipment to the network meeting MBDA Code of Connectivity process and perform system performance tests.
* Identifying faulty network hardware components when required.
* Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software applications.
* Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
* Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
* Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of network and computer systems.
* Coordinating computer network access and use.
* Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
* Proof-of-concept deployments of new tools and applications.
* Strong understanding of Windows Operating System, network infrastructure and network hardware.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to think through problems and communicate solutions.
* Ability to troubleshoot network infrastructure issues.
* Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
* Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
* Provide specific detailed assessments for hardware, software and IT Tools selection.
* Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products.
* Ability to work with all levels of staff within IT and Software Engineering and outside groups.
* A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
* Dependable and flexible when necessary.
* Network security experience.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.