An interesting opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC Operator/Setter to join a busy workshop on the nightshift making precision engineered parts to aerospace, defence and automotive industries in Camberley, Surrey.
Nightshift CNC Setter/Operator – hourly rate £12phr – £14phr with £5 an hour uplift for nightshift (£17 – £19phr) Mon – Thursday 6.30 pm to 5.00 am
To produce components to the required specification, safely efficiently and accurately, to ensure production requirements are met.
Main duties & responsibilities:
* Produce accurate, high quality components with maximum efficiency
* Interpret engineering drawings
* Create programmes and production methods for new parts using the resources available
* Competently set & operate CNC machines
* Undertake any minor changes to programmes to produce quality components to drawing limits/customer requirements
* Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection using gauges and measuring instruments
* Assist in the cleaning, organisation and maintenance of the shop floor work environment
* Promote and provide constant input into continuous improvement
* Promote a team environment
* Comply with all policies, specifications and safety procedures
* Fully versed with programming, Fanuc (preferably)
You will need the ability to understand engineering drawings with imperial and metric dimensions A good understanding of mechanical engineering and machining principles
Ability to self-check & inspect own work prior to passing on to next stage of production. Self-motivated, flexible with working patterns but punctual & reliable and able to manage time in accordance with meeting customer deadlines/deliveries
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.