PCB DESIGN ENGINEER – Bournemouth – up to £45,000 DOE
* This multinational company is currently seeking a PCB Design Engineer. They specialise in developing industry leading, advanced Video/Audio control and distribution systems.
* To be successful in this role must be able to develop hardware solutions and have full project lifecycles and have experience leading a team and mentoring.
* Be the project owner in the delivery of Hardware product development, representing Research & Development (R&D) on all Hardware projects
* Design PCB layouts from schematics and datasheets
* Check gerbers and stencils
* Generate BoMs and placement data
* Liaise with PCB manufacturer & Production department
* Develop and execute test plans for engineering and production
* Debug, maintain and optimize existing product designs
* Support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays
* Participate in peer reviews
* Troubleshoot internal & external customer issues
* Experience of leading the design effort on brand new products. Taking the design from concept to manufacture. Whilst being the technical lead with other electronic design engineers on the project.
* Experience with High-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
* Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
* Schematic capture and PCB layout tools (OrCAD, EasyPC)
* Appreciation of design and test for EMC, ESD, Surge compliance
* Strong documentation and written and oral communication skills
* Strong ability to manage multiple tasks
* Self starter who can work with little supervision
* Knowledge of Office packages (Word, Excel etc)
* Strong interest in gadgets, Home Automation, Audio Video, IoT
* Working knowledge and experience developing circuits for the following: HDBaseT, HDMI, USB, DDR3, Xilinx FPGA
* Differential pairs
* Multilayer boards (up to 8 layers)
* Design for EMC/ESD compliance
* Liaise with mechanical engineer for correct placement
* Rework SMD components (0402 size)
* Design for manufacture (DFM)
* 40 hours per week with core hours between 10:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday.
* Flexible working hours
Key skills: PCB Design, Electronics Engineering, EasyPC, Hardware, Multilayer boards, EMC / ESD, DFM, 0402 size
Commutable from: Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Weymouth
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.