Stream are working with a world leader in the Defence industry, and opportunities have arisen within the growing Systems Design Airborne Systems function for Platform Integration Leads. We currently have opportunities within a number of projects including Meteor and SPEAR 3.
What are we looking for?
* Demonstrated capability to lead a team in a complex engineering environment and to technically represent the client in customer meetings.
* Extensive knowledge of air launched weapons.
* Good systems engineering background and willingness to adopt new methods of working.
* Ideally an appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
* Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
* Practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
* Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment, sometimes with significant ambiguity
* Ability to see the bigger picture and know when to flex or adapt to the changing needs of respective missile and aircraft programmes.
* Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations.
* In depth knowledge of Missile design.
* Experience in producing Interface Requirement Specification and Interface Control Documents.
* Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and Mil-Std-1553 highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering desirable.
* Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms.
What’s in it for you?
* You will be leading a focused team to deliver a weapons integration programme, working closely with specialists both within the client and the platform design organisations.
* This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines.
* The roles will have both office based and field based elements.
* The roles will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
* Technically leading the integration of a complex air-launched weapon systems onto one or more fixed wing platforms, working within the engineering team for the Chief Platform Integrator. The role also requires working with the platform design organisations and customer community to support delivery of military capability to the end user.
* Responsible for delivering the technical integration solution with the platform design authority.
* Co-ordinating a range of subject matter experts both within MBDA and externally.
* Planning and delivering the Engineering activities associated with the integration of weapons onto platforms.
* Supporting Design Certification and release to service of the integrated system. Production of Design Verification Plans and Certificates of Design.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.