Principal Electronics Design Engineer/Design Authority – Permanent – Competitive Salary & Benefits – Surrey
A leading defence organisation are currently seeking a Principal Electronics Engineer to join their team based in Surrey. The company are looking to expand their electronic and systems engineering skills and capability therefore this exciting opportunity has arisen.
The work will range from electronics development (hardware and firmware) and system engineering. You will also look at technical governance including legislative compliance.
* Design, Development and Review of digital and analogue circuits (from concept to final product)
* Design, Development and Review of firmware sub-systems (from concept to final product)
* Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
* Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leading to customer acceptance
* Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
* Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts
* Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
* Mentoring of a small electronics design team
In order to be considered for this role you will have an in-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of electronics design including legislative compliance and be Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline. You will have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers and be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality.
Please be aware that this role will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.