PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER – WEYMOUTH/PORTSMOUTH – PERMANENT – COMPETITIVE SALARY AND EXCELLENT PACKAGE
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer to join a world renown defence company, working in either Weymouth or Portsmouth. As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of a submarine system upgrade programme, taking the lead in managing requirements, creating designs, and overseeing suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
* Lead the management of the system requirements through DOORS, and related assurance activities
* Support Project Management teams and Technical Authorities to deliver an updated design and implement planning processes
* Liaise with internal and external customers to ensure system requirements are adequately supported through planning, installation, integration and trial activities
* Work with the bid team to develop supporting documentation with technical management of equipment suppliers
* Ensure requirements are implemented and qualification evidence is generated either by the supplier or on their behalf
* Provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
* Demonstrable systems engineering experience, including managing requirements and acceptance activities
* Experience in using DOORS
* Prior defence or combat system knowledge
* Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.