Principal Architect – Team Lead (Large Scale Distributed Systems) – Fully Remote – Up to £100kDOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Lead Architect join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances. This is a very unique opportunity work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
* Reporting into Global Director of Tech, this is an Engineering Management role at equal weights. You will be responsible for line management of a small team of remotely based engineers.
* Acting as the team’s Lead Architect, working on day-to-day on the key challenges of their platforms (Payments, self-service apps) and their internal backbone systems (CRM, Inventory Management). You will be setting the standards, whilst mentoring and coaching.
* Collaborating team members from product and QA.
* Further to working with your team, you will also coordinate closely with other engineering team leads within the organization on the iterative development of shared standards/approaches.
* You will be able to demonstrate a proven background of working as a professional software engineer/architect on medium/large scale distributed systems
* Background in designing/managing large-scale distributed systems in production, and with the design of small, flexible services that will scale gracefully as loads grow and requirements evolve.
* Experience with deploying/managing cloud applications at scale (Azure preferred), and with containerization + infrastructure-as-code.
* An understanding of how to determine bounded contexts for service domains, and a comfort working with product managers + business stakeholders to architect software in a way that represents those domains with high fidelity.
* Comfort with the DevOps culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle.
* Recent experience writing production code, and an interest in continuing to do so.
* Comfort owning large portions of work, including the design + evolution of entire services/applications.
* Comfort/excitement with direct people management and hiring
* Experience with C# would be an asset but, for the right candidate, experience with any object-oriented language can easily substitute.
* Experience building software for the financial services industry would be an asset.
Benefits: Bonus, Medical Insurance, Pension
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.