Principal Product Assurance Engineer
A leader in their field, our defence client has an opportunity for a Principal Production Assurance Engineer to join their team to support UK manufacturing.
Location: Bolton-with travel to other sites
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6-months initially
Rates: £30p/h PAYE/ £40p/h Umbrella
Clearance: Current SC Clearance required
* Provide support and advice on all aspects of quality within Manufacturing via application of quality expertise to critical business issues to support business excellence, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
* Development and delivery of quality awareness and other process and quality-related training.
* Supporting all manufacturing programmes to achieve cost, time and quality targets.
* Assuring the Company Business Management System is correctly tailored to and implemented in company production programmes
* Provide support to improve the effectivity of manufacturing processes
* Perform independent assessments and audits to optimise processes and ensure quality requirements are met
* Build and maintain strong relationships with Quality Assurances colleagues (UK and overseas)
* Work with Product Assurance Managers to define appropriate risk reduction strategies/action plans
* Support the development and implementation of the Process Effectiveness Review Programmes
* Communicate with Customer Representatives (DQAFF), when required, to address quality issues
* Quality professional, experienced in process-based integrated management systems & business improvement in an engineering / manufacturing environment
* Quality Audit experience
* Extensive knowledge and experience of EN9100/AS9100
* Ability to identify sustainable business improvements and ensure effective implementation
* Recognise and respond to internal and external customer requirements
* Recognise and respond to regulatory and certification requirements
* Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation
* Highly self-motivated and resilient
* Good planning and organising skills
Key words: quality, manufacturing, audits, product assurance, sc clearance
Commutable from: Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chester, Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Burnley
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.