Principal Support Engineer – Barrow-In-Furness
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a leading defence company who are seeking an experienced Support Engineer to join their team, based in Barrow-In-Furness. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role, influencing the Support Solution design for one of the most complex and important engineering programmes in the world today.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that any transformation in design considers and incorporates Through Life Supportability, fully assessing any design changes and its potential impact on the future Support Solution. You will need to be self-motivated and autonomous, able to work alone, taking ownership and responsibility for all work that you conduct and with strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Being the focal point for supportability, obsolescence and disposal activities for the control and instrumentation aspects of the projects
* Working closely with the control and instrumentation technical leads, providing supportability advice and guidance to the design process, liaising closely with all supportability stakeholders
* Reviewing original equipment manufacturer, supplier and supportability documentation, plans and deliverables as appropriate, ensuring the proposed maintenance and repair strategy meets expectations
* Providing regular support activity reports, as required
* Authoring reports and producing support documentation deliverables as required, in accordance with appropriate standards
* HND/Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
* Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) and how Reliability and Maintainability affect equipment / system Availability and through life cost and how AR&M outputs influence the design and interrelate with Logistic Support Analysis (LSA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Safety activities
* Understanding of how LSA and RCM tools and techniques are used to influence the design of cost-effective support solutions
* Ability to articulate the importance of Supply Support outputs to the development of cost-effective Support Solutions via modelling and analysis using industry standard tools and recognised methodology e.g. Opus Modeller, Poisson
* Knowledge and ability to communicate how obsolescence mitigations and resolutions can be developed using the tools and techniques described in recognised standards and guidance, the linkages between obsolescence management and other support engineering outputs and deliverables
* Awareness of how the design of a system or sub-system is influenced with regards to safe disposal at end of life in accordance with all current and emerging legislation