Principal Systems Engineer – Permanent
Competitive Bonus/Benefits and Excellent Career Progression
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a world leading Defence company that play a critical role in the design, development, integration and support of next-generation technologies, that aid the fight capability of the nation’s defence services. They are seeking Experienced Systems Engineers, to join their team.
This is an opportunity to work on one of a variety of programmes and projects, providing technical expertise for in-service and future naval platforms. You will work with other engineers and technical specialists in a rapidly evolving and competitive market, providing an ample number of opportunities and continuous professional development.
As a Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
* Understanding and interpreting the User Needs and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for the system or products and be able to derive the technical and functional requirements.
* Work at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service, with the correct level of authority. This will also include working with suppliers and the users of our equipment.
* Developing the functional design of that system; its architecture, components and interfaces, and be able to understand the potential impact on the boat and key sub-systems.
* Delivering your outputs to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
* Providing technical support to installation and/or integration activities. You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist technical advice as required.
* Providing technical guidance and to other engineers and support project and engineer management teams in planning and controlling your specialist activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
* Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
* Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
* Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
* Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
* Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
Please be aware that these roles will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors inc