This is a great opportunity to work within the manufacturing engineering function supporting the Single Aisle programme. The role is primarily focusing on work preparation to industrialise minor and major modifications for Single Aisle aircraft. The applicant should be competent in the modification of aircraft supporting both mechanical and electrical systems. They will work as part of a multifunctional team to ensure industrialisation into production.
* Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data for use in aircraft detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification, utilising current business tools.
* Implement best practice methods, tools and processes from first principles to meet current and future business requirements.
* Deliver detailed work preparation definition (routings, BOM’s, SOI’s, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
* Ensure that all work and documentation meets departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
* Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools and process improvements, including implementation strategies in accordance with business requirements.
* Evaluate capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
* Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines.
* Knowledge of lean principles.
* Application and knowledge of the current business management tools, as below:
* SAP experience desirable
* DPDS/PASS and PDM link systems desirable
* MTM TiCon systems desirable
* Microsoft / Google office tools
* Training for the above will also be provided for a suitable candidate
* Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions.
Ideally 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment
* Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures is highly desirable.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Leadership skills, and self-motivated are desirable.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.