Product Safety Engineer – Portsmouth – Permanent – Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
We are working with a leading Maritime & Defence organisation who are looking for enthusiastic Product Safety Engineers to join their team. These permanent positions are well suited to individuals who are looking to take their career forward, working on cutting-edge and safety-critical products. Based in Portsmouth, this role can provide the opportunity for long term career growth and development.
As a Product Safety Engineer, you will be at the forefront of ensuring that all work carried out is done to a professional and credible standard, certifying that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process. Desirable skills and experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Degree within an Engineering and or Safety discipline or equivalent qualification or experience
* Understanding of the principles of SFAIRP and ALARP
* Demonstrable experience of operating across the whole engineering and product safety lifecycle
* Hold relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g. HASAW, DSA02-DMR, JSP520, Def Stan 00-056)
* Professionally Registered at IEng or working towards it
* Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SSEMT) qualified
Important information: Due to the nature of select projects, the successful candidate may need to gain a level of required security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.