PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER – PERMANENT – COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
A leading defense organisation are currently recruiting for a Product Safety Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
You will have the opportunity to work with other technical specialists and may manage a team of engineers to help us design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for Inservice and future submarines. Your levels of responsibility will depend on your skills and experience, but you will be able to apply your subject matter expertise to ensure and be able to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating our submarine combat systems and other complex subsystems are as low as reasonably practicable.
Your levels of responsibility will depend on your skills and experience, but you will be able to understand and report the programme status for activities in your area of responsibility, identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping us to support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation’s defence.
Your main responsibilities as a Product Safety Engineer will involve:
* Providing advice on product safety matter to the project and engineering managers delivering our programmes and ensuring the safety considerations are correctly considered, defined and implemented. This will include engaging with third parties, such as equipment or system suppliers, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence
* Developing the necessary studies and assessments, such as functional safety justifications, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and the production and maintenance of Safety Case documentation, in accordance with appropriate legal, industry and defence standards.
* Using your expertise and experience to make recommendations for improvements where appropriate, at the same time keeping abreast of changing safety standards and industry best-practice.
Your skills and qualifications:
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
* Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
* Demonstrable experience in safety engineering activities in the defence, maritime or a relevant highly-controlled domain.
* Good communication skills and ability to interact and manage stakeholders
This role can be based out of Weymouth / Portsmouth / Frimley / Filton. In order to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Gemma on 02392 314 690 for further information.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.