Product Safety Engineer – Bristol – Permanent – Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
We are working with a leading Maritime & Defence organisation who are looking for enthusiastic Product Safety Engineers to join their team. These permanent positions are well suited to individuals who are looking to take their career forward, working on cutting-edge and safety-critical products. Based in Bristol, this role can provide the opportunity for long term career growth and development.
As a Product Safety Engineer, you will be working with a team responsible for the ‘platform’ safety elements for in-service submarines, including both electrical and mechanical aspects. You will be responding to and solving real-time engineering issues, as well as working on long-term safety related projects. You will have experience of collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders supported by strong verbal communication kills and have the ability to work to schedule and co-ordinate tasks.
* Degree within an Engineering and or Safety discipline or equivalent qualification or experience
* Understanding of the principles of SFAIRP and ALARP
* Demonstrable experience of operating across the whole engineering and product safety lifecycle
* Experience of constructing safety case reports or assessments in line with contracted requirements
* Knowledge and experience in the implementation of a Safety Management system
* Experience of hazard identification and analysis hazard log management and risk assessments
* Understanding and application of a range of common Safety management tools, techniques and practices
Important information: Due to the nature of select projects, the successful candidate may need to gain a level of required security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.