PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER – SURREY OR DORSET – PERMANENT – COMPETITIVE SALARY
A leading organisation specialising in communication and electronic systems is currently recruiting for a Product Safety Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that specialises in the design, development, integration and through-life support of military systems, both in the maritime and land domains.
* Ability to establish priorities through review of contractual, policy and legislative requirements.
* Experience establishing and working to Safety Management Systems and Plans.
* Experience in both physical and functional aspects of Safety Engineering.
* Work as part of an engineering design team with the ability to advise the product/system technical design authority on safety matters.
* Ability to produce in-depth safety cases and technical documentation (including safety management plans, documented safety assessment, hazard logs and safety case report) to MoD and other customer standards.
* Have a deep knowledge of standard risk identification, estimation and reduction techniques.
* The experience/ability to establish and maintain interfaces with both internal and external safety stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, project teams
* and safety committees.
Please be aware that this role will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.