Stream Resourcing are working with a leading Defence client based in Stevenage are looking for a Product Security Architect to join on a permanent basis.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who wishes to develop their professional and technical skills leading a team of multi-disciplinary engineers to deliver a security architecture by designing and implementing a range of protective measures for a weapon system, critical in enabling our Customers to have an assured capability.
What are we looking for?
* Knowledge of through life weapon system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management and technical Customers
* Able to listen, evaluate and resolve management and technical issuesin a manner that upholds MBDAs reputation with our Customer
* Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software or firmware is desirable
* DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the clearance process
What’s in it for you?
* You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of some of the clients latest technology and influence how it is exploited in our products as well as be able to influence what is required from these technologies in the future
* You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire
* You are expected to operate with a greater degree of autonomy whilst accepting the associated level of responsibility, preparing you for development into more senior roles within the business
* Training and guidance will be provided for those new to working with Need to Know controls
* This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status
* Leading a team of multi-disciplinary engineers to design and deliver a comprehensive technical security solution within the budget and timescale set out for the task.
* Managing the trade-space to maximise the effectiveness of through life protective measures without compromising product safety or Customer winning capability.
* Preparing and maintaining a robust security case and working directly with the UK Customer and his technical advisors to agree sufficiency of solutions.
* Undertaking a wide range of systems design and technical leadership tasks, ensuring a coherent design is maintained across the contributing engineering disciplines (hardware, software, firmware) that can be integrated, tested and qualified to demonstrate the effectiveness of the security solution.
* Liaising with manufacturing and support teams to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the weapon system is maintained through manufacture and in the various through life support scenarios that may be offered to a Customer.
* Ensuring the Need to Know principal is adhered to and sufficient controls are in place to manage the knowledge of the technical i