PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST / FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER – PERMANENT – LEATHERHEAD (1/3 GLOBAL TRAVEL) – £28,000 – £35,000
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join this R&D Engineering company who design and manufacture products that are used within Academia and Pharmaceutical Industries. Their products provide essential data to scientists researching new biotherapeutic drugs.
As a Product Support Specialist / Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support of the comapanies products to their customers worldwide.
You will be fully trained on all products. Therefore, we will consider Graduates or if you have recent experience with Scientific Instrumentation (Service/Installation) – Please apply!
This role will be based in Leatherhead – However involves 1/3 Global travel to customer sites.
* Installation of and basic user training for new instruments at customer laboratories worldwide
* Maintenance, service, upgrade and repair of existing instruments at customer laboratories worldwide
* Responding to customer support enquiries received via the Helpdesk
* Writing technical procedure for troubleshooting and support
* Assisting in preparation and maintenance of after sales and support literature and media
* Responsible for aftersales, upgrades, support contracts etc within the business – understanding customer needs and making a recommendation
* Processing repairs returned to factory
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a Science or engineering subject (Main instrument applications are in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry)
* Willing and able to travel internationally (1/3) – Must be enthusiastic about Global travel and able to enjoy their own company whilst away
* Preferable experience in installation, servicing of scientific equipment. Motor/mechanical skills working with electronic components.
* PhD is desirable
* Background working with circular dichroism, stopped-flow, fluorescence and/or UV/vis spectroscopy
* Scientific knowledge would be preferred as will give you ability to understand science of product to troubleshoot.
* Company laptop & phone
* Holiday entitlement – 25 days per year + bank holidays
* Time in lieu is also awarded for weekends away from home (after meeting a threshold of one weekend away per quarter)
* Pension 6% by company / 2% by employee
* Working hours 37.25 hour per week (08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 to 15:30 on Friday. Flexi time is available and core hours are 10:00 – 12:00 Monday to Friday and 14:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday
* Able to build up Airmiles and loyalty programs
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.