Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full time
Are you an enthusiastic Production Operator and keen to be part of a growing and collaborative company specialising in marine technology? Stream Resourcing is partnering with Wärtsilä UK to recruit a Production Assembly Test Operator to join the team in Leicester, where you will benefit from an empowering, diverse and inclusive work community.
Wärtsilä Voyage is creating the digital infrastructure needed to enable high-performing maritime logistics. Through their world-leading Smart Marine portfolio, they support customers in their efforts to ensure secure, highly energy-efficient and cost-effective marine operations.
Vessels are radically transformed for their voyage by leveraging the latest digital technologies and the mission is to ensure that their customers all around the globe reap the full benefits, as well as actively contribute towards achieving a safer, more sustainable shipping future.
For this particular position, the company is interested in hearing from candidates who have a keen eye for detail with a proactive approach towards problem solving and resolution. Being an excellent communicator is key for this opportunity as the role will allow you to work closely with others to ensure continuous improvements are being recognised.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
* Assembling and testing the organisation’s products
* Delivering offsite testing of products as part of factory acceptance tests
* Ensuring compliance to product specification and that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately
* Initiating actions to identify and address problem areas
* Taking action to achieve and improve throughputs, providing the management team with proposals, suggestions, and ideas with which to continue to force down the costs of manufacturing and recognise continuous improvement initiatives for all areas
* Ensuring Health and Safety compliance
* Repairing and testing multiple products
SOME OF THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE:
* A background in mechanical assembly and/or wiring
* Demonstrable skills in similar testing environments
* Proven ability to solder in line with IPC standards
* High attention to detail and ability to work to specified local work instructions
* Team player and excellent communicator, who engages and collaborates with others to deliver results
* A keen eye for detail with a proactive approach towards problem resolution
* Experience of using Multimeter, Power Supply and Oscilloscope would be advantageous
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE JOB FOR YOU?
If yes, we would love to hear from you before the application deadline Friday 10th December 2021.
Please reach out to Gemma Robinson at Stream Resourcing on 02392 314690 to discuss the role and your job search in more detail. You can also submit your CV application directly to Gemma via email
Stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.