PRODUCTION ASSISTANT – SURREY – PERMANENT – COMPETITIVE SALARY
A leading organisation specialising in communication and electronic systems is currently recruiting for a Production Assistant to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that specialises in the design, development, integration and through-life support of military systems, both in the maritime and land domains.
Within this role you will operate as part of a developing team, responsible for the Electronic and Mechanical assembly of equipment. This will be from the development and manufacturing of bespoke products to the ongoing support of products to meet customer business needs.
* This role would be ideal for a candidate that brings with them experience of electronic and mechanical assembly operations and an eagerness to learn.
* Able to review and understand Job Cards, production/Development drawings, Test plans, Technical instructions and Process documents.
* Ability to inspect parts and identify defects prior to and during the manufacturing and assembly process.
* Competently inspect components and sub-assemblies in accordance with the quality standards and production schedule within the required tolerances and technical specification.
* Ability to solder wire-to-wire, wire-to-terminal, wire-to-bucket, all to be undertaken against the recognised company standards as laid down in IPC-A-610C.
* Enable Identification of areas for potential process improvement and communicate opportunities as necessary.
* Participate in the Continuous Improvement activities that are on-going within the workplace with the goal of eliminating waste and reduction in operating costs.
* Ensure all H&S requirements are met, and the assembly area is maintained as a safe, clean and tidy working environment
Qualifications and Skills:
* Ability to obtain UK security clearance
* Minimum of 2 GCSE’s or their equivalent ideally Maths & English.
* Proficient with use of hand tools and test equipment.
* Ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings.
* A basic understanding of electrical & electronics requirements.
* Competent in IPC 610 and 620 standards
We are looking for a candidate who will have the flexibility and adaptability to cover other tasks as required and be an enthusiastic self- starter who wishes to learn, develop and progress.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.