Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 12-months
Rates: £22.60 Umbrella/£17.08 PAYE
Clearance: All candidates must be able to obtain SC level clearance
A leading aerospace and defence client, searching for a Controller to join their Production team.
* Load Customer Order demand into production and manage Work Order in SAP
* Ensure kits/works orders are released to AIT on time and expedite them to meet the planned delivery dates.
* Input into and maintain Production Schedules.
* Support the manufacturing area manager with work centre forecasts from the company stock control/forecasting tool
* Regularly create and review the status of works orders in their ‘product’ remit.
* Manage material supply issues to avoid potential delivery slippages.
* Timely release of purchase requisitions.
* Ensure full traceability for all products issued to manufacturing.
* Monitor drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules.
* Input and maintain production data required by the company stock control tool.
* Effectively report status of product to core project and manufacturing teams.
* Analyse and report potential impacts derived from the ‘Shortage Risk Reports’.
* Identify schedule recovery opportunities from changing production workflow.
* Manage the transfer of materials to satisfy project/company demand, paying particular attention to ITAR/IPR & EEE items.
* Fully support shipments in accordance with LDS.0096.
* Advise on kit issues/anomalies with the shop floor and ensure kits have been picked as identified on the ‘kit shortage report’
* In depth experience with SAP
* Significant experience of working in a manufacturing environment within Aerospace/defence industries.
* Decent experience using an MRP/ERP tool (preferably SAP).
* Knowledge of how to interpret and update information on Scheduling tool, preferably Primavera.
* Able to work in volatile/high pressure environments to resolve material supply problems.
* Able to prioritise workload effectively.
* Experience with Bill of Material (BoM) management.
* Clear and confident communication at all levels
* Progress chasing activities.
* Reporting to internal and external customers.
* Working within a Production Control team.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.