Production & Materials Controller – Southampton – Permanent
This is an excellent opportunity for a Production & Materials Controller to join a leading manufacturing business in Southampton. Working within a busy, industrial engineering environment the position will focus on the procurement of materials and components to meet production needs in addition to production planning.
Key Duties include:
* Process call-off purchase orders to meet agreed delivery schedules, expedite and amend where required.
* Procurement of tools, stationery and PPE as required
* Liaise with engineering to resolve engineering changes, manage reservations and attend EPM and complete item masters.
* Confirm sales orders and update sales order progress (Inc OSO).
* Optimising of inventory levels
* Coordinate with purchasing team for best price breaks, lead times and MOQ’s for requirements
* Utilise SAP 1C for production planning, release shop floor paperwork with liaison with the Production Manager and Process Engineering team
* Manage the tool movement process and planning of tool trials
* Provide reports & schedules including supplier delivery schedules /OTD.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Relative experience within production planning and procurement of materials within a high volume manufacturing environment.
* Able to analyse complex data to ensure optimisation of manufacturing constraints.
* Previous experience with SAP will be a huge benefit
* Experience of MS Office applications including MS Excel.
* First class communication and organisation skills.
The position involves working a 40hr week, Mon to Fri and offers a competitive basic salary and benefits package to include pension, 25 days holiday and healthcare benefits.
To be considered, please apply or contact Gary Crawley on 02392 322 372 for further information.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.