Production Planner – Permanent – Leicester – c£30,000-£35,000 DOE
Do you wish to work for company who are leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future?
A leading organisation who are an internationally successful, award-winning company are currently seeking a Production Planner to join their dedicated manufacturing team at their site in Leicester.
In this position you will play a vital role in increasing productivity and improving efficiencies through effective planning and communication across our production and engineering teams.
Your work will focus on these responsibilities:
* Coordinate with sales, manufacturing, and other departments to plan and monitor the movement of equipment through the production cycle.
* Coordinates with manufacturing to develop schedule for machinery and manpower and monitors completion of parts, equipment and assemblies.
* Tracks and traces inventory of materials in process and finished products.
* Works with departments to expedite delays when appropriate.
* Coordinates with purchasing to ensure on time delivery of material.
* Observes production progress and revises planning when necessary due to unavailability of machinery, manpower shortages, delayed receipt of material, customer changes, etc.
* Attends production meetings and communicates planning and production changes to contracts, engineering, materials, and other affected departments.
* Identifies and analyses problem areas of shortages, delays and recommends solutions to resolve.
* Monitors cost of production products and cost of personnel and advises manager of discrepancies.
To succeed in this role, you will have a proven background in production planning/scheduling and be a competent problem-solver and decision maker. Candidates must have a strong background/knowlege in the use of SAP.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.