Production Process Engineer – Portsmouth – Permanent – Competitive Salary & Benefits
I am currently supporting a UK based technology and engineering company who are seeking a Production Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to work within a company who specialise in mission-critical communications, electronics and intelligent systems.
* Provide technical support to the manufacturing group, with a key focus on the introduction of new products and improving manufacturing efficiency and quality.
* Technical point of contact between Manufacturing, Design and customer, taking responsibility for ensuring all processes conform to internal and customer quality standards
* Assist with the identification and delivery of process improvements and time/cost saving activities
* Identify and where appropriate, justify and introduce tooling/equipment/systems that will enhance Manufacturing capability and/or efficiency.
* Ensure all control documents including work instructions, BOMs and routings are available, accurate and up to date. Create operator balance charts, develop and implement standard work.
* Assist with the transfer of new products from design into production with an emphasis on design for assembly and design for manufacture.
* Monitor and report process improvements to ensure that proposed gains are delivered and sustained.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will have experience in the assembly of low to medium volume products covering fabricated products involving cables and PCB assemblies.
Essential for the role:
* ONC or apprenticeship or an equivalent qualification in related industry
* Experience in fabricated product and processes
* Eligible for SC
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.