Production Support Engineer
Permanent – London
Stream Resourcing are working with a market leading client and we are looking for an experienced Production Support Engineer to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a well-established organisation who are flourishing in a prolonged period of sustained, organic growth. You will be responsible for testing and fault-finding to component level, working with the test team on a wide variety of products at PCB, General Assembly and System Levels.
* Maintain test methods and software in order to support manufacturing time scales
* Ensure all jigs, tooling and test stations are maintained and documented according to quality standards
* Provide estimates of test times and equipment required for Production for the purposes of Test Equipment planning.
* Provide appropriate training for manufacturing personnel on new specifications and procedures.
* Carry out product and customer return investigations in order to support requirements and time scales.
* Establish an Investigation report
* Test execution & Problem Support
* Manufacturing of first Prototypes for the R&D Team
* Training operators in the manufacturing plant
* Providing Support to a Fault Investigation at the beginning of the production
* Look at new products / new designs. Sign off documents
* Conduct NPI meetings and circulate meeting minutes
* To conduct testing of products & record test results accurately ensuring product meets the test schedule parameters for all stages of production.
* To fault-find product failures and record findings through conformance reporting(ITS)
* A relevant engineering degree in Optics and/or Electronics and Communications
* Extensive electronic knowledge – Essential
* Strong Optical communications knowledge – Desired
* The ability to read schematics and circuit diagrams, allowing for troubleshooting at component Level
* Solid problem-solving skills and proven product testing experience.
* Experience of testing complex PCB’s, optical modules, and microprocessor-based equipment
* Use of both bench test equipment and automated test equipment (Oscilloscopes, multimeter, Couplers, wavelength meter etc)
* To be able to communicate accurately on technical issues with internal Customers (Internal or external) both written and verbal.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.